Monday, July 29, 2013

Let me Introduce Myself...Yeah!

Hello Friends!  I'm working on an introduction letter to my new students and families at my new school.  (I'm seriously pinching myself that I was selected to work at my dream school!)  Before, I amp this up and put it on cute stationary and all...what do you think?  What would you include in a letter of introduction?  How do you introduce yourself to your families?


Dear Parents and Families,

I am excited to be your child’s teacher!  I’m sending you this letter so you can know a little more about me. I will be asking you to help your student write a letter about themselves for their first bit of pre-k homework! 


I have taught for several years including pre-k, kindergarten and third grade.  I have worked in various vocations for quite some time, before I returned to college. So, I am a late in life college graduate with a lot of real world experience. I graduated from OSU in 2010 with a Bachelor’s of Science in Human Development and Family Sciences. I am currently a graduate student at NSU. 

I have been on the other side of the teacher’s desk as a working parent!  I have a daughter who is beginning her freshmen year in high school.  I am thankful to my husband and daughter who helped me live my dream to be a classroom teacher! I can’t tell you how many nights, they have helped me cut out laminated games or make flash cards for my students.

I am passionate about education. I believe education can transform lives, it certainly has changed mine! I believe your student has a right to learn and achieve in school. I will help them set goals and exceed them!

Some other things you may want to know about me…

My favorite color is      Fuchsia Pink


My favorite animal is a  Zebra


My favorite bird is the penguin My favorite restaurant is Panera Bread!
 
My favorite drink is a Java Chip Frappacino (Starbucks), but any great coffee works!   

My favorite genre is historical fiction.

# of Siblings 2 brothers: Chris and Trey.  I also have 2 brother-in-laws and 3 sister-in-laws:  Marvin, Curtis, Vonda, Mickie and Miya.

# of Pets 2 cats: Mr. Kitty and Shug Avery


I look forward to meeting each of you in person and I am excited about all the great accomplishments your student is going to make this year!


Sincerely...
 
Ok, now here is the part where I'd like you to tell me what I should take out or add.  Please, oh please, be honest and kind.  If it's really horrible, please e-mail me.  :)
 
See you soon racoons!
 
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment