Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday Made It~Baa Baa Color Sheep & Blog Signature

I'm joining another linky party called Monday Made It.  For my readers out there, that are like...hmm Cowan does a lot of linky parties.  I do them for two reasons.  One, I get to peek into other teachers' classrooms, ideas and prep work.  Two, I might get some new followers to my blog. (Yay, me!)

This time, I'm linking with 4th Grade Frolics for her infamous linky party Monday Made It.  I love seeing everyone's craftiness and it inspires me every week, but this is my first contribution.

I'm starting at a new school this year as a Pre-K teacher in a Reggio inspired school.  This has created a conundrum for me in that all the things I've done to prep for school, like bulletin boards and the like are not required at Reggio school.  In fact, I think they are strongly discouraged.  No worries, I was never a huge Carson Delosa fan myself.  In fact, my college professors told us, "You are doing something wrong if it looks like Carson Delosa threw up in your classroom." 

So, I made a class book in preparation for our first week {eek--did I just say that, where did our summer go?}.  I made a book that I modeled off a teacher I worked with over 10 years ago when we both worked in daycare.  I've found this book is helpful to teach colors and the classic nursery rhyme, "Baa Baa Black Sheep".  On each page, I write "Baa, baa, {insert color word here} have you any wool.  Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full."  Now, I'd love to show you a completed laminated book, but my printer was not cooperating with me this evening.  So, you get to see my work in progress.

I like to alternate their faces and make different ones each time.  When I read/sing this book with students, they LOVE it!  It's generally the most popular book in the library, because the little pre-k guys can "read" every page. 

Have you ever heard of Mrs. Stanford?  Well, let me tell you about my new favorite you tube channel.  Mrs. Stanford has all kinds of how-to videos up about how to bling your blog.  Today, I made my own signature that you should see at the end of my page down there...If you'd like to make your own blog signature, check out her how-to video on youtube. She also has a happening blog at Mrs. Stanford's Class, so check that out too! 

What did you make for your classroom today?







2 comments:

  1. I love it. I am not quite ready to blog yet but, I will follow you until I do and after. I still remember that Carson Delosa statement ans took it to heart as well. hopefully we will be linking soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute Christina. I might have to make me one for my class. :)

    ReplyDelete